Established in Northern California in 1993, Douglas Kent & Associates
specializes in ecological land management. It is a design, consult, manage, and educational firm serving private and public
organizations and individuals throughout California.
Landscapes lie at the intersection of air and fire, land and water - elements that gives us our life and
diversity, disruption and change. Douglas Kent has been chasing these elements since childhood. Thirty
years field experience, five books, over fifty published articles, and landscapes scattered throughout California,
Kent's hands are rarely clean.
- Master of Landscape
Architecture, Cal Poly Pomona
- Master of Sciences in Regenerative Studies from the Lyle Center, Cal Poly Pomona
- B.A. in Environmental
Policy, Cal State Long Beach
- Studied Ornamental Horticulture at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- California Landscape
- US Coast Guard's 100 Ton Master's License
- Adjunct Professor at Cal Poly Pomona, teach Ecological Land Management, Ecological Restoration, Regenerative
Life Support Systems, and Landscape Construction.
- Lead and instructor for Energy
Resource Center's Energy-Smart Landscaping program.
Green of the Los Angeles Times states that Ocean Friendly Gardens is "one of the books you'll
need to live in the Golden State." April 10, 2010.
is best selling book on creating fire protected properties in California.
- Published and featured works in Fine Gardening, HGTV, Los Angeles Times, Marin
Independent Journal, Sunset Magazine, World Wildlife and many other publications.
- A New Era of
Gardening was one of the Los
Angeles Times’ best new gardening books for the year. Robert Smaus; Los Angeles Times;
Oct 10, 2002. A New Era is also the first book on gardening for a healthier
atmosphere in the U.S.
- Started gardening at 14
years old and has worked hundreds of horticultural/landscape projects throughout California since.
|Douglas Kent - Firescaping